The Anywhere Channel
We admit it: we screwed up. We named this preamp and signal processor the Studio Channel, and indeed it’s a wonderful studio tool. But it’s great for live performance, too. So okay, we got the channel strip’s name wrong. But we got the design right.
One of our newest signal processors, the versatile Studio Channel provides tube preamplification, dynamics processing, and EQ and takes the channel-strip concept in a bit different direction than does its older sibling, the Eureka.
The Studio Channel’s Class A tube preamplifier is based on our original BlueTube DP preamp and features a high-output 12AX7 tube that operates on voltages double that of other preamplifiers in its class. The result is lots of headroom and big tone. Gain and Tube Drive controls enable a wide range of sounds, from transparent and clear to edgy and overdriven.
Our VCA-based compressor is known for musicality and fast attack, with the ability to tame the fastest transients. From slap bass, to snare drum, to vocals, the Studio Channel’s compressor allows you to record blazing-hot signals with total dynamics control. Its convenient Auto Attack/Release feature provides preset attack and release curves. The backlit VU meter can display gain reduction or output gain.
The custom-designed amplifiers in the Studio Channel’s three-band EQ deliver sweet-sounding gain and cut for smooth highs; deep, solid lows; and clear midrange. The midrange band is fully parametric, with variable Q. The high- and low-frequency bands have Frequency and Gain controls, but fixed Q, and can be either shelving or peak bands. The EQ can be pre- or post-compressor, and you can bypass each stage independently.
With both XLR and ¼” line outputs, you can connect the Studio Channel to almost any recording interface, amp, or P.A. system.
What’s in a Name?
With one multipurpose processor, you can elicit a huge variety of tones. Produce luscious, in-your-face vocals, dynamic acoustic piano, and fat, solid bass guitar, not to mention crystal-clear acoustic guitars, cracking snare, and huge MPC tracks.
What’s in a name? That which we call the Studio Channel, live or in the studio, would sound as sweet. Hear it for yourself at your authorized PreSonus dealer
- 1 channel with Class A 12AX7 vacuum-tube mic/instrument preamplifier
- Gain control with +10 dB to +54 dB gain range
- Tube Drive control
- 48V phantom power switch
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Fully Variable VCA compressor
- Attack, Release, Ratio, Threshold, and (makeup) Gain
- Auto Attack/Release switch
- Soft/Hard Knee switch
- Bypass switch
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- Gain, Frequency, and Q controls (mid band)
- Gain and Frequency controls (low and high bands)
- Shelving/peak switches (low and high bands)
- Switchable pre-/post-compressor
- Bypass switch
- Master level control
- Backlit VU meter
- Gain Reduction to Meter switch (selects gain reduction or output gain)
- 1 unbalanced ¼” instrument input (front panel)
- 1 balanced ¼” line input
- 1 balanced XLR mic input
- 1 balanced ¼” line output
- 1 balanced XLR line output
- 1U 19” rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- Sealed, detented, metal rotary controls
- External 16 VAC power supply