Pa600QT represents another powerful entry into Korg’s extensive line of world-renowned arranger keyboards.
The Pa600QT is an affordable, compact, and powerful addition to Korg’s internationally acclaimed PA series. Providing you with the most up-to-date collection of quality sound and styles combined, the PA600QT is a perfect songwriting and performance partner. It even has the option to include custom sound and performance sets (sold separately) from around the world – a true first!
This Pa600QT (Quarter Tone) version contains all the functionality of the standard Pa600, and adds a mini-keyboard on the left side, which can be used to customize quarter tone scales and quickly access scale presets. Along with all the Sounds and Styles that are found on the standard Pa600, The Pa600QT also contains additional Sound and Style data that is specific to Middle Eastern music genres. Ouds, bouzuks, kanouns, various percussion instruments, and many more sounds are joined by dozens of extra Styles that are suitable for traditional and modern music.
- Two versions of Pa600 are available: International and Quarter Tone button variations. Both feature an elegantly designed and compact cabinet, including a pristine amplification system.
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) sound engine offers improved realism and vivid sound.
- Massive internal Factory PCM provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering amazingly high quality sounds.
- Two assignable switches and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC).
- Large, bright, backlit TouchView™ color TFT display (800×480).
- Easy layout and intuitive graphical interface with new Search function for easy retrieval of any musical resource or file.
- New resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete.
- Over 360 factory Styles, each including three Intros/Endings, four variations and four Fill In + Break, plus ten Favorite and three User banks for storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles.
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts, plus synchronized pads.
- Chord Sequencer function that can record any chord progression on-the-fly.
- Improved General Midi set for Standard Midi Files, compatibility with popular lyric formats including graphical (+G), plus Text Viewer, Marker and Score.
- MP3 player with Transpose and Tempo Change.
- 4 Stereo Master Effects (125 FX algorithms).
- Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, karaoke, and MP3, with instant recall of any song setting and user-definable custom lists.
- Localized Pa600 and Pa600QT data (sold separately) provides Sounds and Styles relevant to specific countries and regions.
- Includes accessory DVD with USB-MIDI drivers, video manual, and additional Style content, including the complete “Real Drums” and “Turkish/Arabic World” collections
It all begins with the sound. Korg’s sound quality is universally recognized as superior, and is relied on by musicians around the world. The Pa600QT gives you a rich, detailed, natural sound; with musical instruments covering almost every genre, exploding with depth and accuracy. Korg’s DNC (Defined Nuance Control) system adds finely tuned expression control, and provides various levels of articulation. Most importantly, besides the standard sounds of the Pa600, the Pa600QT is filled with percussion, wind and string instruments from many regions in the Middle East. Sounds are fully editable, and changes can be saved in the User area.
One of the most significant features of the Pa600QTis the addition of the Quarter Tone Sub Scale keyboard. A miniature keyboard has been added to the front panel; and each key is equipped with an LED indicator. This allows the user to quickly select the notes that will be flattened to the nearest Quarter Tone. This function is always available, so that the Quarter Tone selection can be made quickly and on the fly during performance. In addition, four preset buttons provide one-touch access to the most commonly used Quarter Tone scales.
In creating the Pa600QT, Korg drew inspiration from the thousands of musicians in the Middle East who have come to use Korg Pa products. Produced by a team of the best musicians from various countries in the Middle East, the Pa600QT features a complete range of freshly produced instruments and Styles showcasing the sounds that make Middle Eastern music so energetic and exciting, so seductive and enchanting. These new sounds and Styles are provided in addition to all the sounds, Styles, FX and other features of the standard Pa600.
Compact, yet powerful
The Pa600QT is one of the easiest arrangers to carry around. While its size might appear compact, the power of the onboard, exceptionally high-quality custom designed amplification system is anything but small. The 2 x 15-watt amplifiers drive two loudspeakers in a bass-reflex box to generate a powerful listening experience.
Play any song, and view it as traditional music notation
The player on board the Pa600QT can read MIDI, KAR and MP3 files. It can also read lyrics and chords from most of these files, and add markers on-the-fly to MIDI files. Traditional score viewing is also available for those who prefer to read music.
The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notations with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. Chord names can also be seen in different languages (English and Italian). For music learners, we also added a function to show note names next to each note.
Easy to use
With all the technological power that’s packed inside, it was vital that we also made the Pa600QT easy to understand and use. Your experience using the Pa600QT should be intuitive, musical, fast and foolproof. The panel layout has been simplified, and the gorgeous color TouchView Display lets you simply think, point and click for easy and intuitive navigation and performance.
So that musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, there are two interface modes: Easy and Expert. Easy mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and straightforward interface, useful for beginners or playing live, while in Expert mode, you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and a stellar performance.
Switches are assignable so your live performances work the way you want, and when you don’t remember where a file, song or style was saved, just use the Search feature to let the Pa600QT find it for you.