Serious DAW Control to Streamline Your Workflow!
Novation’s 25 SL Mk II gives you more than just high-quality MIDI control via its semi-weighted keyboard. This 25-key USB controller doubles as a professional DAW and plug-in control surface. Thanks to its giant 144-character display, back-lit LED buttons, and LED-ringed encoders, the Novation 25 SL Mk II lets you know the status of all of your controls. Plus, you can easily manage all 56 of your controls, using the Automap 3 PRO software that comes included with the Novation 25 SL Mk II.
Novation 25 SL Mk II 25-key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller at a Glance:
- Take a hands-on, touch-sensitive approach to all aspects of making music
- Map controls at break-neck speed using the included Automap 3 PRO software
- LED visual feedback keeps you in touch with every MIDI assignment
- Includes the Xcite+ Pack, so you can immediately start getting creative
- Bus-powered for the musician on the go
Take a hands-on, touch-sensitive approach to all aspects of making music
The Novation 25 SL Mk II provides 25 great-feeling, semi-weighted keys for expressively playing in musical parts. Beyond that, though, the Novation 25 SL Mk II offers a full 16-knob, 8-fader, 32-button control surface, so you can take charge of your software, make adjustments to plug-ins, and ultimately speed up your workflow. You’ll especially love the Novation 25 SL Mk II’s touch-sensitive “soft-feel” drumpads — perfect for sketching beats or triggering samples — and its unique 2-axis Xpression Pad and Pitch/mod Joystick controls.
Map controls at break-neck speed using the included Automap 3 PRO software
It’s incredibly easy to assign out controls on the Novation 25 SL Mk II MIDI controller. That’s because it comes with a copy of Novation’s Automap 3 PRO software. This powerful program lets you simply touch the controller, click on a an on-screen parameter, and consider the control assigned. You can even assign almost any QWERTY or ASCII keyboard shortcut to the hardware controls. On-screen, you can manage your mappings, rename them, or swap them by dragging and dropping — it’s all really easy and really fast. Plus, there’s an “Autoview” function, which only brings up the Automap 3 PRO GUI when you touch a 25 SL Mk II controller — it will hide the GUI after the controller is released. Automap 3 PRO offers intelligent control over all sequencers and VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins. It gets better, though — keep reading to find out about the Novation 25 SL Mk II’s extensive visual feedback.
LED visual feedback keeps you in touch with every MIDI assignment
With most MIDI controllers, you have to memorize the way you’ve mapped out your control assignments — not an easy task and one that makes it nearly impossible to collaborate with anyone else while you work. The Novation 25 SL Mk II, though, sports an LED screen above the row of encoders. It displays words to tell you just what you’ve assigned to each control. Beyond that, those encoders feature an LED ring around them, so you get the visual cues you need to set levels or take note of your levels — whether you’re in the studio or out on a dark stage. Add to that 32 assignable back-lit buttons, and you’ll have a lot of control — and important feedback — with your Novation 25 SL Mk II.
Includes the Xcite+ Pack, so you can immediately start getting creative
Make music straight out of the box with your Novation 25 SL Mk II USB MIDI controller. It comes with the Xcite+ bundle, which includes popular Ableton Live 7 Lite DAW software. Beyond that, the Novation 25 SL Mk II controller’s Xcite+ Pack comes with 502MB of Mike the Drummer live drum loops, the Novation Bass-station synth, and a 1GB Loopmasters Samples library.
Bus-powered for the musician on the go
You can take your Novation 25 SL Mk II out anywhere — to a friend’s house or out to the coffee shop. Just pair it with a laptop and you’re automatically mobile, as the Novation 25 SL Mk II can be powered completely by USB bus power from yoru computer.
Novation 25 SL Mk II 25-key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller Features:
- 25-key Semi-weighted USB MIDI Controller and Control Surface
- Puts a wealth of DAW and Virtual Instrument control under your fingertips
- Vibrant LED display, LED rings, and illuminated buttons make it easy to work
- Easily assign controls — and get feedback — with Automap 3 PRO software
- Newly designed “Soft-feel” drumpads for expressive programming and triggering
- Can be completely powered by USB, so you’re free to take your sound mobile
- Includes the Xcite+ Pack software bundle, so you can make music right away
Novation 25 SL MkII 25-key USB MIDI Keboard Controller Specifications:
- 25 semi-weighted Fatar keys with aftertouch
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11-segment LED rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode)
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad
- Xpression Stick
- Touch-sensitive Speed Dial
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups, etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX – Not Class Compliant)
- MIDI: MIDI1 IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI2OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB (Can be completely USB powered)
The Novation 25 SL Mk II puts powerful virtual instrument, plug-in, and DAW controller right under your fingertips!
|Number of Keys||25|
|Type of Keys||Semi-weighted|
|Number of Performance Pads||8|
|Number of Encoders/Pots||8 Encoders, 8 Pots|
|Number of Sliders/Faders||8|
|Dedicated Transport Control||Yes|
|Other Controllers||Xpression Pad, Xpression Stick|
|System Requirements Mac||Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard and Snow Leopard)|
|System Requirements PC||Pentium 3/1GHz/256M RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)|
|Pedal Inputs||Sustain, Expression|
|MIDI I/O||In, Thru, 2 x Out, and USB|
|Power Supply||Bus Powered, AC Adapter|